Monday, February 27, 2012

Little Sister

Meet the beautiful little Miss Avah, who was just 7 days new at this shoot!  I don't know what it is lately, but the last several newborns I have photogrphed have had no interest in sleeping during their sessions and little Avah was no excpetion.  She stayed awake and alert, just checking me out for two whole hours!!!  She didn't even fall prey to my trusty hairdryer trick!  All was okay though, because she was a perfect lady and barely made a squeek in protest of me moving her around, and you get the bonus of seeing those big beautiful eyes!

I met this little lady's mama through my GNO (girl's night out) group. We get together every Monday to drink wine, eat good food and and yell at the TV while watching The Bachelor, so I was so excited to photograph her new baby girl since I've seen her belly grow over the months....(yes, we are fully aware that The Bachelor is a terrible show, but it's so bad it's good, and we love to place wagers on the craziest chicks!) 

Avah's big sister  Alana was terribly excited to become a big sister, and terribly excited for her phoshoot, and just thrilled when I snapped a few of the two of them together!  In fact she said many times throughout the session as I was clicking away "Oh, that one's going up in my bedroom!".  You can already feel the love between these two!  I would like to be the first to extend Avah an invitration to join GNO whenever she's ready!  Avah, will you accpet this rose???


















1 comment:

  1. Hi Kendra,
    You captured some of the sweetest newborn expressions I've seen yet. And Avah's big dark eyes are just beautiful! So many wonderful images, but the one of her all swaddled up in the gauzy blanket is my favorite, and the feet picture, and then all the others! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete