Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love Actually!

I'm a sucker for a good engagement story.  I mean come on, who isn't? (I'm sorry, but your story about how he got the ring and he was so excited that he just couldn't wait to give it to you, so he whipped out the box and proposed while you were laying on the couch in your sweats with zit cream on...and worse, you looked so bad that you didn't even want to take a picture to remember it, frankly makes me sad, but I digress!)  My own engagement was perfect (for me),and I love hearing happy stories about how much thought your future husband put into asking you, glorious one and only you, to spend the rest of your life with him!  This engagement story does not dissapoint. 

Eric and Amanda are clearly in love, you can see it in the way they look at each other and the vibe they put off, so it's no surprise that after a realtively short time dating they were both thinking about taking the leap! Their first dates were to the canal downtown and to a pottery shop where you can make your own pottery, so Eric very cleverly had a series of plates made for Amanda from the same pottery shop; one depicting the canal, one of a rose for the play they had seen together, Beauty and the Beast, one with palm trees and Mickey Mouse for the Disney cruise they are taking this summer, and the piece de resistance, one of a bride and groom with Eric and Amanda written on it!  Amanda's favorite movie is Love Actually, and while I must admit, I have only seen bits and pieces of the movie, I do remember the scene where the guy comes to Kiera Knightly's door with a series of cards proclaiming his love for her and at the end staying "to me you are perfect".  Eric knocked on the door and surprised Amanda at home and presented her with a similar series of cards and then the plates, finally with the bride and groom plate, then dropped to his knee with the ring and asked her to marry him....cut to tears of joy! Bravo, Eric!  It was only fitting that we shoot their engagement photos along the canal, where they had thier first date, and of course incooperate the cards and the plates from their engagment, but this time there was a new plate, one with their upcoming wedding date!  Ahhh, what a sweet romance, er, well....love actually! xoxo






















1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!! Love their story! Love your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete