Tuesday, May 24, 2011

He Had His Own Plans!


This was by far one of the most intimate shoots I have done.  I had planned on photographing this little guy at home, but he clearly had plans of his own!  I did his mama's maternity pictures a few weeks before, and although it wasn't ideal, we did this shoot in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) at 4 days old.  With the nature of the NICU, we had no idea when he would be heading home and mom and dad didn't want to miss out on capturing these first few fleeting days of life.  These were shot on a quiet evening and little man was incredibly alert for only being four days old.  I expected to take all sleeping shots, but as we should have known at this point, he had his own plans!!!!  I think they still came out great for the little bit we were able to move him, and it was so sweet watching mom and baby interact and fall in love with each other.  A major perk of photographing babies is getting to be a part of these interactions and the wonderful chats I get to have with parents.  Mom shared some of her emotions, fears and dreams about being a new mother, and I gave her a good laugh or two by comiserating with a few parenting stories of my own...like the time I was convinced I had accidentally taken my sons arms out of socket! (Which I thankfully did not.  Who knew babies were so limber?)  There is just nothing better in the world than being near new life.










No comments:

Post a Comment