Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cash's Super Stealthy and Slightly Illegal 2 Year Photos!



First, let me say that I know this is an over abundance of pictures for a post, but he's my son, and I find him to be the most charming and adorable little boy on Earth, so I am indulging myself as his mama!  Second, believe it or not, these photos were taken in a matter of 20 minutes!  We set out to the Indianapolis Museum of Arts Gardens on a HOT evening after work determined to bang out the Cash man's 2 year photos.  Often, I get so caught up in clients photos that I forget to make time to take pictures of my own son!  The lighting was perfect and Cash was in a great mood (i.e., happy to be outside and ready to sprint at 90 mph.  Good thing my camera is faster than a toddler!)  I literally got maybe 10 shots in and a security guard came whizzing up on a golf cart asking if I had a photography permit.  Ummmm.....NO!  I have photographed at this location many times and never been asked for a permit.  He informed me that even though I was taking pictures of my son, with no intention of selling them, that since I had an SLR camera, or as he put it, "a camera where the lens can come off", I now had to have a permit, which I could have for the lovely price of $50 per day or $250 per year, to protect their "copyright" on the property.  Wait.....what????  This is a public area we are talking about and there are no real "works of art" to which I could infringe upon their copyright for.  Is there now a copyright on flowers?  Grass?  It must be on trees?!?  This pretty much infuriates me, as it's basically a racket for the museum to make money, and the gardens are also my favorite place to shoot.  As he pulled away I decided that we would leave the park with my "camera where the lens can come off" as he asked, but not before we walked through a secluded area and shot another 100 shots or so!  Shhh, don't tell!  So, this session was much shorter than I had hoped for, but I still think we got quite a few beautiful shots of the little man.  On our way home we stopped at the gardens at Garfield Park, where we had our wedding photos done 5 years ago, only to be told the SAME thing by a security guard there!  Apparently most of the parks that photographers frequent have taken this policy as of this spring.  I am all for supporting the arts and the parks, but this seems a little ridiculous.  So, I am off to find another little "legal" corner of the city for my shoots.  In the meantime, enjoy these super stealthy and slightly illegal photos of the Cash Man. 



























1 comment:

  1. Kendra, you can photograph my family any time!!! These pictures are PERFECT, and so adorable. LOVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete