Friday, July 29, 2011

A Little Firecracker Turns One!

Holy Humidity!  Was it ever hot on this sweltering July evening when I shot these one year photos of this little firecracker!  This little guy has a special place in my heart, and it's not just because of that red hair and those baby blues the size of saucers!  I 'walked' with his mama through her journey to conceive him, her oh so fun pregnancy (please note sarcasm), and her surprise early delivery, so it's very special to photograph little Jacob a year after his 5 pound little self came flying into the world. Jacob is one year, one month and one day younger than the Cash man, which works out great for his mama because she gets his hand me downs, and works out great for me because I get to remember what my own little man was like exactly a year prior.  This year he's already decided he's to cool to hold my hand walking into daycare.....Sigh....they grow up TOO fast!  I just love this family!  Jacob is clearly the apple of his mommy and daddy's eyes, not to mention he's daddy's little doppelgangers.  Mom also happens to have one of my favorite laughs in the world; loud and boisterous (like mine:)), and I was able to capture that laughter and many other real exchanges between this little threesome.  A big thanks to Mitch for providing his stellar modeling skills, and commentary, (Ohhh double block action!), to keep the laughter going.   Try to look at these pictures and not fall in love with this little Gerber baby.  Do it- I dare you!
















1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Kendra, another spectacular collection of beautiful family photographs. Your work is so lovely, and captures memorable expressions. :)

    ReplyDelete