Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Got You Babe


Meet newlyweds Kyla and Mark!  These two love birds actually got married in New Orleans on October 15th, and I was honored when they asked me to do their wedding portraits and shoot their incredibly fun reception the following weekend back home in Indiana!  The weather gods were looking down on us on this unseasonably warm October day, so we headed downtown to University Park, smack dab in the middle of the city to snap these beautiful portraits.  Could they be any cuter together?  The just look like they were made for each other, and Mark's crimson tie was the perfect compliment to Kyla's lady in red look!  I try not to find too much out about my client's ahead of a shoot, so that I can ask them questions about and themselves and each other during the shoot to get them to open up and get comfortable with me.  These two had a story that didn't disappoint.  They met in a karaoke bar four years ago.  Mark started chatting up Kyla and eventually they ended up singing "I Got You Babe" together (can't you just see this playing out in a movie?).  And they have been making beautiful music together ever since.  Wow...that was really cheesy of me, eh?  In fitting fashion, they of course headed out to a Karaoke bar in New Orleans after their wedding ceremony to commemorate their meeting!  So cute!  They are a really fun couple and they had a really FUN reception as well!  Had I not been busy shooting away, I would have loved to have been a guest at this one!  Amazing band, unique venue, lots of happy friends and family busting a move on the dance floor and jello shots...yes jello shots!!!  I'll be posting some really fun pictures from the reception in a later post, so stay tuned.  Thank you Kyla and Mark for asking me to be a part of your most memorable day!  Cheers!

A special thank you to my dear friend and amazing photographer Beverly Cazzell for helping me capture the day.  You're the best!








1 comment:

  1. WOW Simply STUNNING!!! These portraits are priceless, and so beautiful; perfectly choreographed. Well done Kendra, Well Done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete