Saturday, August 13, 2011

The American Dream

How ridiculously cute is this family?  I was tempted to call this post 'An Old Married Couple and a a Little Irish Man', because that's exactly what they remind me of, and what their mama and I laughed about during the shoot, but as I was editing, it occurred to me that this family is the good old "All American Dream"!  You know... 2.5 kids (well 3 really, but Will's still kind of a half right now), parents who were high school sweethearts and who are still very much in love, and of course, their Mama my friend Melinda, who looks exactly like she did in high school, and was back in a bikini a few weeks after giving birth to her third child.  (For the record, I think it's completely okay not to like people who are genetically blessed like this, but their mama is just so darn likable).  I have known this family for as long as I have known my husband, and have really enjoyed watching them grow over the years.  I have pictures of the oldest, Lucy, at our wedding as a baby laughing and blowing spit bubbles, and now she is starting Kindergarten next week and throwing me some serious supermodel faces.  I took photos of baby Will when he was only a few weeks old,  and I can't believe how much he has changed in such a short amount of time (the yawning baby in black and white on the homepage of my blog is newborn Will).  He reminds me of a little Irish man with his red hair and blue eyes!  I just love this perfect little family and can't wait to continue photographing them as they grow!





















No comments:

Post a Comment