Monday, August 29, 2011

Dandelion Wishes

Ahhh....the amount of beauty in these pictures is almost overwhelming!  You may recognize these little beauties from an earlier session, and you way also notice that there are an overabundance of pictures in this post.  I couldn't help myself...there is nothing better than a chunky monkey little baby and a sassy toddler.  The sun was just perfect on this day out at this family's country home, and thier old front porch and surrounding land are a photographers dream!  If I had this space, I would insist all my clients come to me for shoots!!!  Everything just came together perfectly.  There were endless opportunities for fantastic shots and that's just what we got!  These are the two youngest daughters of one of my dear friends, and I've hadthe pleasure of photographing them since they were newborns.  Grace, the older of the two, is one of my favorite subjects to capture.  I never have to direct her...it's more like she is directing me!  I captured a perfect moment in time when she picked a dead dandelion and wished for "a rainbow cake with pink icing.  Wish, wish, wish, wish!".  It was the sweetest most real moment, and I was able to capture the dandelion floating away.  In fact, I think it is one of my favorite photos I have ever taken.  This photo is the reason I love photography, because even though baby sister was getting fussy, mom was trying to entertain her, and bugs were swarming around us, I was able to capture such a sweet memory and moment in time that otherwise would have floated away along with little Grace's dandelion wishes!  Grace's birthday happens to be tomorrow and I hope she gets to celebrate with that pink iced rainbow cake! 






















1 comment:

  1. Every single picture in this very special shoot is simply perfect, Kendra! Angie has the most beautiful babies. Lovely, beautiful, breathtaking photography. Love, Love, Love Grace blowing dandelion wishes!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete