Tuesday, August 16, 2011

He's on His Way


He's on his way to making it big that is!  Ok boys and girls, stop your drooling and meet the incredibly dashing Connor.  Connor is a high school senior who aspires to high tail it from the great Hoosier state to the sunny shores of California to pursue a modeling career after graduation, and this was a shoot to start building up a portfolio for him.  It was very tempting to cancel this shoot when I woke up and saw the gloomy overcast skies on that morning, but we had been planning this shoot for so long that  I went outside and snapped a couple of quick test shots, and decided to wing it, and I'm so glad we did.  As I looked through my view finder, I decided I really liked the gray almost foggy filter of the day; it gives the photos an ethereal feel without softening them.   It took Connor a little while to open up to me and my lens-- thank goodness we had his little brothers making a ruckus in the background as a distraction! He hit his stride about a half hour in to the session, and that's when I really got to see Connor.  I love the versatility of his looks- sometimes he looks so innocent and young, especially when he's smiling, then I would capture a profile and he'd look very masculine and much older than his 17 years.  This trait will serve him well as he pursues his dream.  Thanks for  asking me to do this fun shoot with you Connor.  It was a fun change from the families and babies I've been photographing all summer, and it got me excited to start booking senior pictures for the class of 2012.  Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. Kendra, you captured Connor's amazing expressions, looks, and poses for his first portfolio. Congratulations on your precision eye for seeing those special poses, looks, and setups! LOVE the old door as a backdrop!! Fabulous job, and wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete